Opinion: Highs and lows of the Democratic Convention
- August 18, 2020
- Hector Tobar, Chicano/Latino studies, The New York Times, Aug. 18, 2020 (Opinion)
Hector Tobar, UCI associate professor Chicano/Latino studies: Best moment: … The opening video montages, and especially the reading of the preamble to the Constitution. Captured the diversity of the country and the emotional essence of who Democratic voters are. … What else mattered: … As a viewer, I missed the crowd.
For the full story, please visit https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/08/18/opinion/democratic-convention-best-worst.html.
Related News Items
- The 10 best California books of 2020
- Opinion: What the future holds for undocumented immigrants
- Opinion: Biden and Trump's final debate: Who won?
- Here's your virtual L.A. Times Festival of Books lineup
- Opinion: Best and worst moments of the Kamala Harris-Mike Pence debate: 'Most bizarre moment was the fly'