What economists fear will happen without more unemployment aid
- August 11, 2020
- Eric Swanson, economics, FiveThirtyEight, Aug. 11, 2020
“The net effect on jobs is hard to say — on the one hand, lower spending implies some job losses, but that should be offset to some extent by more people returning to work and finding new jobs,” said Eric Swanson, a professor at the University of California, Irvine.
For the full story, please visit https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/what-economists-fear-will-happen-without-more-unemployment-aid/.
Related News Items
- What's next: Inflation
- Opinion: Why a Fed rate hike could be just the medicine stocks need to keep this bull market going
- The Fed's review of its monetary policy strategy - and what Brookings' scholars have to say about it
- Symposium: Monetary policy at the effective lower bound
- Barkowski awarded Georgescu-Rogen Prize