Women working from home are still dealing with comments about their appearance
- August 7, 2020
- Andrew Penner, sociology, Yahoo, Aug. 7, 2020
Appearance-based discrimination is nothing new. Research from the University of Chicago and the University of California, Irvine, has shown women who put more effort into their appearance often earn more. But they also walk a fine line, with women who put too much effort seen as less qualified in traditionally masculine jobs, according to a 2014 study.
For the full story, please visit https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/women-working-from-home-are-still-dealing-with-comments-about-their-appearance-050053478.html.
Related News Items
- Workplaces everywhere are dressing down, but is the trend actually making life any easier for office workers?
- Making a difference
- UCI leads NIH-funded study of education's effects on healthy transitions to adulthood
- U.S. Department of Education awards $10 million grant to launch multi-university research center on national school choice
- Women who wear makeup at work are getting paid more, according to study