Women working from home are still dealing with comments about their appearance
- August 7, 2020
- Andrew Penner, sociology, Yahoo, Aug. 7, 2020
Appearance-based discrimination is nothing new. Research from the University of Chicago and the University of California, Irvine, has shown women who put more effort into their appearance often earn more. But they also walk a fine line, with women who put too much effort seen as less qualified in traditionally masculine jobs, according to a 2014 study.
For the full story, please visit https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/women-working-from-home-are-still-dealing-with-comments-about-their-appearance-050053478.html.
Related News Items
- A lesson in solidarity
- School discipline causes lasting, harmful impact on Black students, study finds
- UCI-led study links school suspensions and expulsions with inequality in early adulthood
- UCI sociologists are making their mark
- New program allows incarcerated students to get bachelor's degrees alongside peers on the outside