Women working from home are still dealing with comments about their appearance
- August 7, 2020
- Andrew Penner, sociology, Yahoo, Aug. 7, 2020
Appearance-based discrimination is nothing new. Research from the University of Chicago and the University of California, Irvine, has shown women who put more effort into their appearance often earn more. But they also walk a fine line, with women who put too much effort seen as less qualified in traditionally masculine jobs, according to a 2014 study.
For the full story, please visit https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/women-working-from-home-are-still-dealing-with-comments-about-their-appearance-050053478.html.
Related News Items
- Penner elected to Sociological Research Association
- UCLA receives grant to study best practices for safe return to school
- From anti-aging creams to hair oil, 9 grooming products Robb Report's editors love
- UCI and CDCR sign MOU to partner on new in-prison bachelor's degree program
- Workplaces everywhere are dressing down, but is the trend actually making life any easier for office workers?