Immigrants in California applying to become US citizens
- July 27, 2020
- Louis DeSipio, Chicano/Latino studies and poli sci, KPBS, July 27, 2020 (Audio)
As many as half a million immigrants nationwide could be shut out of voting in November
because of the delays at USCIS says, Louis, Desipio a professor of political science
at UC Irvine. That could impact the presidential election in battleground states like
Florida he says and close congressional races in places like California’s central
For the full story, please visit https://www.kpbs.org/podcasts/kpbs-midday-edition/2020/jul/27/safe-reopening-compliance-team-help-business-navig/.
Related News Items
- Federal government considers two more California sites to house unaccompanied migrant children
- Biden's immigration reform bill could change everything... or not pass at all. Here's what you need to know.
- Biden unveils plan for path to citizenship, history of immigration reform
- UC Irvine political science faculty statement on the events of Jan. 6, 2021
- Hundreds of political scientists call for removing Trump