Sudden departure of Orange County’s health officer doesn’t end debate over mask requirement
- June 9, 2020
- Sara Goodman, poli sci, Orange County Register, June 9, 2020
The politicization of the coronavirus outbreak and the responses to it may be partly
a result of mixed messages coming from all levels of government, said Sara Wallace
Goodman, who teaches political science at UC Irvine and has researched partisanship
and health issues. As the science on the coronavirus has evolved, public officials
have changed their recommendations and sometimes admitted they’ve been wrong, which
may seem scary or confirm some people’s lack of trust in experts, she said.
For the full story, please visit https://www.ocregister.com/2020/06/09/sudden-departure-of-orange-countys-health-officer-doesnt-end-debate-over-mask-requirement/.
Related News Items
- What Australia can learn from other countries using internal border closures to prevent the spread of coronavirus
- Ask a Political Scientist explores immigration and citizenship this week
- ICE says students taking 'hybrid' classes may be able to stay in the US, but it won't tell colleges what that means
- Colleges adapt fall plans, recruiting tactics to ICE's new guidance
- Professors and universities find creative solutions to keep international students from getting deported