Protecting vulnerable students during the pandemic
- June 8, 2020
- Ami Glazer, economics, Inside Higher Ed, June 8, 2020
Amihai Glazer, professor of economics at the University of California, Irvine, wrote in an Inside Higher Ed column that institutions should consider canceling spring terms where possible. Short of that, Glazer said in an interview that professors might relax standards for some students right now — but not all. Specifically, Glazer advocated maintaining typical standards for upper-division courses populated by students closest to graduation.
For the full story, please visit https://www.insidehighered.com/content/protecting-vulnerable-students-during-pandemic.
Related News Items
- A look back at Orange County's 2020 response to the Coronavirus pandemic
- High unemployment rates in Orange County slowly dropping: 2020's economic collapse in review
- OC sees thousands of new Coronavirus cases in just a few days, resistance to shutdown grows
- Orange County's unemployment rate remains high as potential second coronavirus wave looms
- Anaheim Council sells Angel Stadium and land for $150 million, subsidizes housing and park