Winners and losers of the democratic debate
- March 16, 2020
- Hector Tobar, Chicano/Latino studies, The New York Times, March 16, 2020 (Opinion)
On Sunday night, Opinion writers again ranked the participants for the March 15 Democratic presidential candidate debate in Washington, D.C., on a scale of 1 to 10 …. [UCI Associate Professor, Chino/Latino studies] Hector Tobar wrote: “Joe Biden (6/10) His message was “Bernie’s a dreamer, but I can get things done.” But where’s the old charisma and charm?” … “Bernie Sanders (7/10) — Sanders makes a point, sticks to it. …. But I’m not sure he changed many minds. While he landed blows on Biden (most powerfully on Social Security), none was close to a knockout.”
For the full story, please visit https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/03/16/opinion/democratic-debate-winners-losers.html?searchResultPosition=2.
Related News Items
- The 10 best California books of 2020
- Opinion: What the future holds for undocumented immigrants
- Opinion: Biden and Trump's final debate: Who won?
- Here's your virtual L.A. Times Festival of Books lineup
- Opinion: Best and worst moments of the Kamala Harris-Mike Pence debate: 'Most bizarre moment was the fly'