Pissed about Super Tuesday? Suck it up: Beating Trump means supporting the Democratic nominee
- March 5, 2020
- Shawn Rosenberg, poli sci, Salon, Mar. 5, 2020
In his much-discussed new article "Democracy Devouring Itself: The Rise of the Incompetent
Citizen and the Appeal of Right Wing Populism," Shawn Rosenberg, a professor of political
science and psychology at UC Irvine, argues that Western democracy is in a death spiral
from which it is unlikely to recover. This dire outcome is a function of various factors,
including demagoguery, tribalism and the disorienting effects of digital technology
and new media, as well as poor political decision-making by the average person.
For the full story, please visit https://www.salon.com/2020/03/05/pissed-about-super-tuesday-suck-it-up-beating-trump-means-supporting-the-democratic-nominee/.
Related News Items
- Opinion: America's 'elites' are failing in the COVID-19 pandemic and that's pushing U.S. voters towards right-wing populism
- Opinion: Democracy isn't dead; we've barely tried it
- Democracy dies when labor unions do
- Naysayers don't believe American democracy can survive. Let's prove them wrong
- The shocking paper predicting the end of democracy