Road-tripping with Héctor Tobar through his new novel
- February 28, 2020
- Hector Tobar, Chicano/Latino studies and English, Publishers Weekly, Feb. 28, 2020
On a recent morning at his home in Los Angeles, [UCI Associate Professor] Héctor Tobar,
Pulitzer Prize–winning journalist and expert chronicler of the Latino experience ….
wants to talk about the day he encountered the strange, true story of Joe Sanderson,
a 20th-century thrill seeker and failed novelist from Urbana, Ill., who is the subject
of Tobar’s epic new novel, The Last Great Road Bum …. “I want people to think of Joe
Sanderson as one of the great American adventurers of his time—as someone who’s as
worthy of being remembered as Jack Kerouac,” he says.
For the full story, please visit https://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/by-topic/authors/profiles/article/82547-road-tripping-with-h-ctor-tobar-through-his-new-novel.html.
Related News Items
- The 10 best California books of 2020
- Opinion: What the future holds for undocumented immigrants
- Opinion: Biden and Trump's final debate: Who won?
- Here's your virtual L.A. Times Festival of Books lineup
- Opinion: Best and worst moments of the Kamala Harris-Mike Pence debate: 'Most bizarre moment was the fly'