Looking for firm ground in a world of misinformation
- January 22, 2020
- Cailin O'Connor, LPS, Jefferson Public Radio, Jan. 22, 2020 (Audio)
Who do you believe if you don't believe scientists? It's a hot topic in today's world, where your political party preference--at least in the United States--can often be divined from your position on climate change. This is the zone in which Cailin O'Connor focuses her research. O'Connor is a philosopher of science at the University of California-Irvine, and her work deals with misinformation and the shakiness of certainty.
For the full story, please visit https://www.ijpr.org/post/looking-firm-ground-world-misinformation#stream/0.
Related News Items
- Scottsdale nonprofit hosts speakers addressing misinformation
- UCI's Logic and Philosophy of Science Summer Diversity Program continues to champion underrepresented voices
- The public cost of private science
- The debate on deepfake porn misses the point
- Speaker focuses on critical thinking to combat misinformation