Issues abound at 4th Women’s March, 'but it all ties into Trump'
- January 18, 2020
- David Meyer, sociology, The New York Times, The Boston Globe, Chicago Tribune, Jan. 18, 2020
David S. Meyer, a sociologist and scholar of protest movements at the University of California, Irvine, said the organizers might have a point. “Everybody wants to tell an apocalyptic story where people turn out in the streets and the world changes,” he said. “Unfortunately, the world is more complicated than that. In real life, social change takes a long time.”
For the full story, please visit https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/18/us/womens-march.html.
Related News Items
- Issues abound at 4th Women's March, 'but it all ties into Trump'
- Ask a Leader with David Meyer
- X doesn't mark the spot: As Millennials and Baby Boomers feud, a generation is left out
- Here are the issues Markey and Kennedy have focused on in D.C.
- Mass shootings give gun control cause new strength - for now