Issues abound at 4th Women’s March, 'but it all ties into Trump'
- January 18, 2020
- David Meyer, sociology, The New York Times, The Boston Globe, Chicago Tribune, Jan. 18, 2020
David S. Meyer, a sociologist and scholar of protest movements at the University of California, Irvine, said the organizers might have a point. “Everybody wants to tell an apocalyptic story where people turn out in the streets and the world changes,” he said. “Unfortunately, the world is more complicated than that. In real life, social change takes a long time.”
For the full story, please visit https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/18/us/womens-march.html.
Related News Items
- Opinion: Three reasons the U.S. hasn't passed more gun regulations; and one reason now might be different.
- Why the world says Breonna Taylor's name
- A BLM protest brought thousands of national guardsmen to D.C. in June. Where were they Wednesday?
- Factbox: Bombings, shootings, beatings - U.S. Capitol's history of violence
- UCI and CDCR sign MOU to partner on new in-prison bachelor's degree program