Unsheltered, Part 5: It won’t be easy, but O.C. can beat homelessness, experts and officials say
- January 3, 2020
- Dave Snow, sociology, Daily Pilot, Jan. 3, 2020
“There’s a push now, because of the intersection of court decisions and [the] cost study, to develop certain forms of housing to take the homeless off the street — a more united mobilization than there has been probably for a long time, maybe ever, in Orange County,” said David Snow, a UC Irvine sociology professor who helped conduct the cost study.
Related News Items
- UCI and CDCR sign MOU to partner on new in-prison bachelor's degree program
- Unsheltered, Part 5: It won't be easy, but O.C. can beat homelessness, experts and officials say
- Unsheltered, Part 3: Can Orange County cities find the political will to fix homelessness?
- Orange County draws criticism for over 200 homeless deaths this year
- Newport considering campaign to encourage people to donate to charity, rather than give to panhandlers