Opinion: Winners and losers of the Democratic debate
- December 20, 2019
- Hector Tobar, Chicano/Latino studies and English, The New York Times, Dec. 20, 2019
In this special feature, Times Opinion writers rank the candidates on a scale of 1 to 10: 1 means the candidate probably didn’t belong on the stage and should probably drop out …. Here’s what our columnists and contributors thought about the debate. … Héctor Tobar, associate professor at the University of California, Irvine [rated each candidate with comments].
For the full story, please visit https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/12/20/opinion/debate-winner-losers.html.
Related News Items
- Watch: Hector Tobar on how a novel can only be successful when it sees the whole person
- The L.A. riots were 30 years ago. I'm still trying to understand them.
- 30 years later: Héctor Tobar and Gil Garcetti reflect on the 1992 riots
- Can an L.A. writer be defined? We asked L.A. writers to debate the subject
- The Macondo dimension of South El Monte: Carribean Fragoza in conversation with Hector Tobar