Popaganda: The feminist guide to escaping diet culture
- December 19, 2019
- Sabrina Strings, sociology, Bitch Media, Dec. 19, 2019 (Podcast)
Sabrina Strings, an assistant professor of sociology at the University of California, Irvine, and the author of Fearing the Black Body: The Racial Origins of Fat Phobia, unpacks the racist roots of diet culture, and the continued racist implications of our society’s narrow definition of beauty.
For the full story, please visit https://www.bitchmedia.org/article/popaganda-feminist-guide-escaping-diet-culture.
Related News Items
- Phat / Fat
- How f$^*#d up is fatphobia? with Professor Sabrina Strings
- University proposes ban on word 'obesity' to fight weight stigma and fatphobia in public health
- How BMI perpetuates racism and hurts marginalized people
- Sports bra ad showing bare breasts banned in UK, stirring sex positivity debate