Popaganda: The feminist guide to escaping diet culture
- December 19, 2019
- Sabrina Strings, sociology, Bitch Media, Dec. 19, 2019 (Podcast)
Sabrina Strings, an assistant professor of sociology at the University of California, Irvine, and the author of Fearing the Black Body: The Racial Origins of Fat Phobia, unpacks the racist roots of diet culture, and the continued racist implications of our society’s narrow definition of beauty.
For the full story, please visit https://www.bitchmedia.org/article/popaganda-feminist-guide-escaping-diet-culture.
Related News Items
- We need to start talking about "thin privilege"
- Sabrina Strings explains how 'fatphobia' is rooted in racism
- The mystery of 'Harriet Cole'
- Many states allow people with a BMI over 30 to get the COVID vaccine. But for some with obesity, it's not that simple
- The racist and problematic history of the body mass index