Popaganda: The feminist guide to escaping diet culture
- December 19, 2019
- Sabrina Strings, sociology, Bitch Media, Dec. 19, 2019 (Podcast)
Sabrina Strings, an assistant professor of sociology at the University of California, Irvine, and the author of Fearing the Black Body: The Racial Origins of Fat Phobia, unpacks the racist roots of diet culture, and the continued racist implications of our society’s narrow definition of beauty.
For the full story, please visit https://www.bitchmedia.org/article/popaganda-feminist-guide-escaping-diet-culture.
Related News Items
- The racist and problematic history of the body mass index
- Women with belly fat are more stigmatized than those with bigger butts, regardless of their weight, study finds
- Op-ed: Let's stop talking about racism and fat phobia as separate issues
- The unbearable weight of diet culture
- COVID-19: An ongoing tragedy in Black, Brown, and White