Opinion: Trump has a gift for tearing us apart
- December 11, 2019
- Michael Tesler, poli sci, The New York Times, Dec. 11, 2019
The book “Identity Crisis,” an analysis of the 2016 election by Sides, Lynn Vavreck, a political scientist at U.C.L.A., and Michael Tesler, a political scientist at the University of California-Irvine, documents President Barack Obama’s success in recruiting enough white voters to win twice, a group that proved highly problematic for Hillary Clinton.
For the full story, please visit https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/11/opinion/trump-immigration.html.
Related News Items
- Colleges are hiring more diversity officers than ever - Here's how racial resentment could be contributing
- The politics of race are shifting, and politicians are struggling to keep pace
- In praise of polarization
- 'Who are we?' Joe Biden seizes the moment as nation's attitude shifts on race
- The Floyd protests have changed public opinion about race and policing. Here's the data.