Opinion: Trump has a gift for tearing us apart
- December 11, 2019
- Michael Tesler, poli sci, The New York Times, Dec. 11, 2019
The book “Identity Crisis,” an analysis of the 2016 election by Sides, Lynn Vavreck, a political scientist at U.C.L.A., and Michael Tesler, a political scientist at the University of California-Irvine, documents President Barack Obama’s success in recruiting enough white voters to win twice, a group that proved highly problematic for Hillary Clinton.
For the full story, please visit https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/11/opinion/trump-immigration.html.
Related News Items
- Racially divisive parties have more voters now, but voters aren't becoming more racist. What explains this?
- Why are Republicans silent about the Ukraine whistleblower scandal? This one chart explains.
- Opinion: The New York Times omits mention of race from its history of the tea party
- Poll: voters who reject racism are more energized for 2020 than they were in 2016
- For Trump, appeals to white fears about race may be a tougher sell in 2020: Reuters/Ipsos poll