Opinion: Trump has a gift for tearing us apart
- December 11, 2019
- Michael Tesler, poli sci, The New York Times, Dec. 11, 2019
The book “Identity Crisis,” an analysis of the 2016 election by Sides, Lynn Vavreck, a political scientist at U.C.L.A., and Michael Tesler, a political scientist at the University of California-Irvine, documents President Barack Obama’s success in recruiting enough white voters to win twice, a group that proved highly problematic for Hillary Clinton.
For the full story, please visit https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/11/opinion/trump-immigration.html.
Related News Items
- UC Irvine political science faculty statement on the events of Jan. 6, 2021
- Hundreds of political scientists call for removing Trump
- Raphael Warnock's dog ads cut against white voters' stereotypes of Black people
- Can anything change Americans' minds about Donald Trump?
- 5 things to watch for at the Republican National Convention