3 lessons for today’s economy from former Fed chair Paul Volcker’s long and storied career
- December 10, 2019
- Gary Richardson, economics, Fortune, Dec. 10, 2019
"Paul Volcker played key roles both in allowing the inflation of the 1970s to begin
and in bringing price increases under control," says Gary Richardson, professor of
economics at the University of California, Irvine and former Federal Reserve System
For the full story, please visit https://fortune.com/2019/12/10/paul-volcker-career-lessons-fed-chair/.
Related News Items
- If the Fed's nominees were confirmed, could they change monetary policy?
- The Fed is throwing money around. Not everyone is reaping the benefits
- Small-business loans: Strip clubs, marijuana stores need not apply
- Hutchins Roundup: Unconditional cash transfers, countercyclical capital buffers, and more
- 3 lessons for today's economy from former Fed chair Paul Volcker's long and storied career