3 lessons for today’s economy from former Fed chair Paul Volcker’s long and storied career
- December 10, 2019
- Gary Richardson, economics, Fortune, Dec. 10, 2019
"Paul Volcker played key roles both in allowing the inflation of the 1970s to begin
and in bringing price increases under control," says Gary Richardson, professor of
economics at the University of California, Irvine and former Federal Reserve System
For the full story, please visit https://fortune.com/2019/12/10/paul-volcker-career-lessons-fed-chair/.
Related News Items
- Outstanding teaching award recipients in social sciences
- A president and his Fed chair clash. Sound familiar?
- Fed inflation shift raises questions about past rate rises
- If the Fed's nominees were confirmed, could they change monetary policy?
- The Fed is throwing money around. Not everyone is reaping the benefits