As push for higher minimum wages grows, New York offers a test case
- November 13, 2019
- David Neumark, economics, The New York Times, Nov. 13, 2019
David Neumark, an economist at the University of California, Irvine, warns that results in New York and other high-wage states would not necessarily map to other regions. “You start talking about Southern, low-wage states, where low-wage workers aren’t evenly distributed across industries” and “you have fewer and fewer avenues of adjustment,” he said.
For the full story, please visit https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/13/business/economy/minimum-wage-new-york-pennsylvania.html.
Related News Items
- Research and commentary: Delaying minimum wage increase a necessity for the survival of California's businesses
- Newsletter: What rulers are reading
- Women at Google miss out on thousands of dollars as a result of pay discrimination, lawsuit alleges
- The women suing Google over gender discrimination want to expand the lawsuit to a class action
- Google women seek class-action status for gender-pay lawsuit