Opinion: Democracy isn’t dead; we’ve barely tried it
- October 24, 2019
- Shawn Rosenberg, poli sci, The New York Times, Oct. 24, 2019
It’s telling that many of the arguments about the end of democracy suggest it’s because we’ve given too much power to the masses, that we’ve become too democratic. A paper by Shawn Rosenberg, professor of political science and psychological science at the University of California, Irvine, claims that the problem is social media and that other technologies have disrupted the role of elites in guiding the masses through the intricacies of policy and economics.
For the full story, please visit https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/24/opinion/democracy-electoral-college.html.
Related News Items
- Pissed about Super Tuesday? Suck it up: Beating Trump means supporting the Democratic nominee
- Opinion: Democracy isn't dead; we've barely tried it
- Democracy dies when labor unions do
- Naysayers don't believe American democracy can survive. Let's prove them wrong
- The shocking paper predicting the end of democracy