For Chinese American conservatives, race is a weapon
- October 8, 2019
- Claire Jean Kim, poli sci, The Nation, Oct. 8, 2019
Claire Jean Kim, a professor of political science and Asian American studies at the University of California, Irvine, writes, “Much of the coverage of the case notes that this is the first major anti–affirmative action lawsuit featuring plaintiffs who aren’t white, but it could otherwise read as another installment in the long-running war between white conservatives such as Ed Blum, who found the plaintiffs and initiated the lawsuit against Harvard in their name, and supposedly liberal university administrators and their black and Latinx constituents.”
For the full story, please visit https://www.thenation.com/article/asian-conservatives-affirmative-action/.
Related News Items
- George H.W. Bush's "Willie Horton" ad will always be the reference point for dog-whistle racism
- The midterms could spell the end for America's lonely moderates
- Trump revives 'Willie Horton' tactic with ad linking illegal immigrant killer to Democrats
- Trump compares migrants in caravan to cop killer in fearmongering ad
- If it walks like a social movement and talks like a social movement...