Immigration: A boon or burden to U.S. society?
- September 11, 2019
- Ruben Rumbaut, sociology, UCTC
Experts on immigration, national security and refugee movements engage in a debate about the U.S. immigration system, the values and interests it serves and the impact of immigration on the nation. The debate features Mark Krikorian, Executive Director of the Center for Immigration Studies, and Rubén Rumbaut, Distinguished Professor of Sociology at UC Irvine. The moderator is Donald Kerwin, Jr., Director of the Center for Migration Studies of New York. Recorded on 05/02/2019.
View online: https://www.uctv.tv/shows/35057.
Related News Items
- UCI sociologists are making their mark
- New program allows incarcerated students to get bachelor's degrees alongside peers on the outside
- 'The US isn't an option anymore': why California's immigrants are heading back to Mexico
- UCI and CDCR sign MOU to partner on new in-prison bachelor's degree program
- What makes an American?