How to fix the global retirement crisis
- September 9, 2019
- Wang Feng, sociology, The Wall Street Journal and Barrons, Sept. 9, 2019
Mass migration to the city has changed the family dynamic very quickly, says Wang Feng, a sociology professor at the University of California, Irvine, and a former director of the Brookings-Tsinghua Center for Public Policy. Now, more than half of older Chinese adults -- 100 million -- don’t live with their children.
For the full story, please visit https://www.wsj.com/articles/how-to-fix-the-global-retirement-crisis-barrons-com-11568050841?mod=searchresults&page=1&pos=1.
Related News Items
- UCI sociologists are making their mark
- New program allows incarcerated students to get bachelor's degrees alongside peers on the outside
- China isn't that strategic
- 'A sacrifice for a generation': China scrambles to boost its population with 3-child policy
- Opinion: The real reason behind China's three-child policy