How to fix the global retirement crisis
- September 9, 2019
- Wang Feng, sociology, The Wall Street Journal and Barrons, Sept. 9, 2019
Mass migration to the city has changed the family dynamic very quickly, says Wang Feng, a sociology professor at the University of California, Irvine, and a former director of the Brookings-Tsinghua Center for Public Policy. Now, more than half of older Chinese adults -- 100 million -- don’t live with their children.
For the full story, please visit https://www.wsj.com/articles/how-to-fix-the-global-retirement-crisis-barrons-com-11568050841?mod=searchresults&page=1&pos=1.
Related News Items
- The one-child policy is history, but rules in China still restrict families
- Cost of child rearing in China hinders baby boom
- China struggling to engineer a baby boom after scrapping one-child policy
- New stat hints at a 'demographic time bomb'
- China's birthrate sank to lowest level on record last year