UCI prof: Poli sci grad students read few works by women
- September 9, 2019
- Heidi Hardt, poli sci, OC Weekly, Sept. 9, 2019
Political science graduate students read very little scholarship written chiefly, or exclusively, by women, says a new paper published in The Journal of Politics and PS: Political Science and Politics by UC Irvine associate professor Heidi Hardt and three other others. … “Courses are often graduate students’ first major exposure to a field of study,” Hardt said in a Sept. 3 news release from the UC Irvine School of Social Sciences.
For the full story, please visit https://ocweekly.com/uci-prof-poly-sci-grad-students-read-few-works-by-women/.
Related News Items
- Women are regularly read and cited less in academia, but not for lack of research, UCI study shows
- Poli sci reading lists favor male authors
- Closing the gender gap in graduate training
- Opinion: The 2020 guessing game is fun
- Political science professors assign fewer readings by women than by men. Here's why that matters.