Is Julian Castro the next Obama? That’s his pitch, if anyone is listening
- September 1, 2019
- Louis DeSipio, Chicano/Latino studies and poli sci, Bozeman Daily Chronicle, Sept. 1, 2019
David Damore, professor of political science at UNLV, said it makes sense for Castro
to make a stand in Nevada, which has a larger Hispanic electorate than the other early
states. … “He may have missed his moment of opportunity after the Democratic National
Convention speech,” said Louis DeSipio, a professor of Chicano-Latino studies at the
University of California, Irvine.
For the full story, please visit https://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/ap_news/politics/is-juli-n-castro-the-next-obama-that-s-his/article_e4d5485b-2a15-5052-a0eb-bee76f2ec79b.html.
Related News Items
- For ICE, business as usual is never business as usual in era of Trump
- Most Republicans and Democrats agree: Immigrants make the U.S. a better place to live
- Is Julian Castro the next Obama? That's his pitch, if anyone is listening
- Infighting threatens Westminster's leadership and its Vietnamese American council majority
- Vox co-founder and editor-at-large Ezra Klein on politics and his Irvine roots