Poll: voters who reject racism are more energized for 2020 than they were in 2016
- August 20, 2019
- Michael Tesler, poli sci, via Vox, Aug. 20, 2019
But the same rhetoric that may be validating some white Americans could also be energizing Democratic voters, University of California Irvine political science professor Michael Tesler told Reuters. “They may not care that much about race initially, and then they see Trump pushing on race so hard,” he said. “And so they push back.”
For the full story, please visit https://www.vox.com/2019/8/20/20812567/reuters-ipsos-poll-voters-racism-2020.
Related News Items
- Opinion: Trump has a gift for tearing us apart
- Racially divisive parties have more voters now, but voters aren't becoming more racist. What explains this?
- Why are Republicans silent about the Ukraine whistleblower scandal? This one chart explains.
- Opinion: The New York Times omits mention of race from its history of the tea party
- For Trump, appeals to white fears about race may be a tougher sell in 2020: Reuters/Ipsos poll