A sleep researcher and napping expert has spent years studying what makes the perfect nap — this is her exact formula
- August 13, 2019
- Sara Mednick, cog sci, The Business Insider, Aug. 13, 2019
If you've visited (or live in) Europe, you will be well acquainted with the concept
of the nap. In most of Europe and in Asian countries, particularly China, a restorative
afternoon rest is part of daily life, says Sara Mednick, PhD, an associate professor
in the department of cognitive science at the University of California, Irvine … But
the latest scientific research shows even a short early afternoon snooze can lead
to better health, performance, and general well-being.
For the full story, please visit https://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-take-the-perfect-nap-according-to-sleep-researcher-2019-8.
Related News Items
- Wellness Wednesday: Understanding drug stimulants
- Stimulants: Using them to cram for exams ruins sleep and doesn't help test scores
- Non-prescribed stimulants may improve short-term focus but fail users in the long run, UCI researchers say
- Turns Out Older Kids Still Need Naps, Too
- Think prescription stimulants like Adderall improve focus? They don't