A sleep researcher and napping expert has spent years studying what makes the perfect nap — this is her exact formula
- August 13, 2019
- Sara Mednick, cog sci, The Business Insider, Aug. 13, 2019
If you've visited (or live in) Europe, you will be well acquainted with the concept
of the nap. In most of Europe and in Asian countries, particularly China, a restorative
afternoon rest is part of daily life, says Sara Mednick, PhD, an associate professor
in the department of cognitive science at the University of California, Irvine … But
the latest scientific research shows even a short early afternoon snooze can lead
to better health, performance, and general well-being.
For the full story, please visit https://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-take-the-perfect-nap-according-to-sleep-researcher-2019-8.
Related News Items
- On the podcast: Dr. Sara Mednick, Tracy Clark-Flory, and Dr. Will Cole
- Feeling midday fatigue? A short shut-eye session can help
- Nap time is the new coffee break. Here's how to make the most of it.
- 5 natural ways to improve your memory, according to experts
- Sleeping with the Muse: The relation between a musical life and sleep