Deportation debate takes center stage at UnidosUS conference
- August 4, 2019
- Alana LeBron, Chicano/Latino studies, in the San Diego Union Tribune, Aug. 4, 2019
Alana LeBron, assistant professor of Chicano/Latino studies and public health at University
of California Irvine, cited a 2015 national survey in which one-third of Latinos said
they knew someone who was deported.
For the full story, please visit https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/immigration/story/2019-08-04/deportation-debate-takes-center-stage-at-unidosus-conference.
Related News Items
- Historical and contemporary reproductive injustices at the border and beyond
- Toxic soil in Santa Ana? Community groups are working with UC Irvine to find out
- Starving students; Capitol Weekly sets Top 100 date; Influencers on sanctuary state
- Immigrant policing and public health
- UCI-led study links racial discrimination to greater risk for cardiovascular disease