Racists almost always claim not to be racist
- August 3, 2019
- Michael Tesler, poli sci, via Patheos, Aug. 3, 2019
Michael Tesler, associate professor of political science at the University of California
at Irvine and the author of “Post-Racial or Most-Racial? Race and Politics in the
Obama Era,” says that historically racists have always claimed not to be racist, even
the likes of George Wallace — and the public during the Jim Crow era.
For the full story, please visit https://www.patheos.com/blogs/dispatches/2019/08/03/racists-almost-always-claim-not-to-be-racist/
Related News Items
- Poll: voters who reject racism are more energized for 2020 than they were in 2016
- For Trump, appeals to white fears about race may be a tougher sell in 2020: Reuters/Ipsos poll
- Opinion: Quiz: Let us predict whether you're a democrat or a republican
- Republicans don't think Trump's tweets are racist. That fits a long American history of denying racism.
- White anxiety, and a president ready to address it