Racists almost always claim not to be racist
- August 3, 2019
- Michael Tesler, poli sci, via Patheos, Aug. 3, 2019
Michael Tesler, associate professor of political science at the University of California
at Irvine and the author of “Post-Racial or Most-Racial? Race and Politics in the
Obama Era,” says that historically racists have always claimed not to be racist, even
the likes of George Wallace — and the public during the Jim Crow era.
For the full story, please visit https://www.patheos.com/blogs/dispatches/2019/08/03/racists-almost-always-claim-not-to-be-racist/
Related News Items
- Opinion: Trump has a gift for tearing us apart
- Racially divisive parties have more voters now, but voters aren't becoming more racist. What explains this?
- Why are Republicans silent about the Ukraine whistleblower scandal? This one chart explains.
- Opinion: The New York Times omits mention of race from its history of the tea party
- Poll: voters who reject racism are more energized for 2020 than they were in 2016