SoCal's Latino kids are going to school with fewer and fewer white kids
- July 31, 2019
- Greg Duncan, education, in LAist, July 31, 2019
Latino students in California public schools are more racially isolated from their white peers than in any other state — academics have known this for years. And a new study released Tuesday shows the problem is not getting better. … The research team — from UC Berkeley, UC Irvine and the University of Maryland — highlighted the L.A. area as typifying these twin trends of worsening racial segregation and increased socio-economic mixing.
For the full story, please visit https://laist.com/2019/07/31/for_latino_school_kids_racial_segregation_is_getting_worse_but_economic_integration_is_rising.php.
Related News Items
- School segregation worsens for Latino children compared with a generation ago
- Segregation of Latino students from white peers increased over a generation, study finds
- Study: Latino children attending more racially isolated elementary schools
- The segregation of Latino schoolchildren: The bad -- and a dash of good -- news
- Surprise! UCI holds graduation ceremony for athlete who fell ill (Video and slideshow)