Opinion: Democrats’ job guarantee plan isn’t such a good idea, economist says
- July 21, 2019
- David Neumark, economics, explains in NJ.com
One of the ideas catching fire among Democrats is a sweeping federal jobs guarantee. It’s an approach that’s as misguided as it is expensive. At an estimated cost of $543 billion, it wouldn’t just target the unemployed, but might also pull tens of millions out of the private sector.
Read the full post, courtesy of NJ.com: https://www.nj.com/opinion/2019/07/democrats-job-guarantee-plan-isnt-such-a-good-idea-economist-says.html
Related News Items
- Who really earns the minimum wage?
- Opinion: Canada should follow the lead of Trump's America and grow jobs, not regulations
- Opinion: Democrats' job guarantee plan isn't such a good idea, economist says
- Business groups slam House for passing $15 minimum wage bill
- House votes to raise federal minimum wage to $15