A guide to the Federal Reserve’s board of directors
- July 19, 2019
- Gary Richardson, economics, via Marketplace, July 19, 2019
Not all power is equal across these regional boards. The board at the New York Fed, for example, gets to appoint a president who is a permanent member of the Federal Open Market Committee. “That has an influence over policy. The president of the New York Fed has got a special position in the Federal Reserve System, so that choice matters,” said Gary Richardson, an economics professor at the University of California, Irvine.
For the full story, please visit https://www.marketplace.org/2019/07/19/a-guide-to-the-federal-reserves-board-of-directors/.
Related News Items
- Why Trump's wrong to blast the Fed over China's 'currency manipulation'
- The Fed is cutting interest rates. Why that matters
- A guide to the Federal Reserve's board of directors
- Is the Federal Reserve about to cave to Trump's demand to cut interest rates?
- The fate of Trump's economy now hinges on the Federal Reserve, the agency the president called 'crazy'