House votes to raise federal minimum wage to $15
- July 18, 2019
- David Neumark, economics, in The New York Times, July 18, 2019
Economists have increasingly accepted that some level of minimum wage increase can work — coming at a minimal cost to jobs — in some jurisdictions, said David Neumark, an economist at the University of California at Irvine who has studied minimum wages extensively. … “It has had what I would say was a remarkable and unexpected political success,” Mr. Neumark said of the $15 minimum. “Does it make sense? Call me skeptical.”
For the full story, please visit https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/18/us/politics/minimum-wage.html.
Related News Items
- Who really earns the minimum wage?
- Opinion: Canada should follow the lead of Trump's America and grow jobs, not regulations
- Opinion: Democrats' job guarantee plan isn't such a good idea, economist says
- Business groups slam House for passing $15 minimum wage bill
- Map: The lowest-paying job in each U.S. state