What has Ilhan Omar done that Donald Trump hasn’t?
- July 16, 2019
- Michael Tesler, poli sci, in The Washington Post, July 16, 2019
This isn’t specific to Trump. The post of [University of California, Irvine Professor] Michael Tesler wrote on Tuesday about how whiteness and Americanness often overlap in Americans’ perceptions. About a quarter of Republicans told pollsters working for PRRI that being of Western European heritage was essential to being American. Another 63 percent said that being born in America was.
For the full story, please visit https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/07/16/what-has-ilhan-omar-done-that-donald-trump-hasnt/?utm_term=.964d21d81566.
Related News Items
- Poll: voters who reject racism are more energized for 2020 than they were in 2016
- For Trump, appeals to white fears about race may be a tougher sell in 2020: Reuters/Ipsos poll
- Opinion: Quiz: Let us predict whether you're a democrat or a republican
- Racists almost always claim not to be racist
- Republicans don't think Trump's tweets are racist. That fits a long American history of denying racism.