What has Ilhan Omar done that Donald Trump hasn’t?
- July 16, 2019
- Michael Tesler, poli sci, in The Washington Post, July 16, 2019
This isn’t specific to Trump. The post of [University of California, Irvine Professor] Michael Tesler wrote on Tuesday about how whiteness and Americanness often overlap in Americans’ perceptions. About a quarter of Republicans told pollsters working for PRRI that being of Western European heritage was essential to being American. Another 63 percent said that being born in America was.
For the full story, please visit https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/07/16/what-has-ilhan-omar-done-that-donald-trump-hasnt/?utm_term=.964d21d81566.
Related News Items
- Negative views of Asian people have risen in both parties
- Republicans were more concerned about Ebola than they've been about coronavirus. Here's why.
- In a pandemic, political polarization could kill people
- A coronavirus recession would hurt all kinds of Republican candidates -- not just Trump
- 3 ways the coronavirus could end Trump's presidency