Threatened ICE raids create more political noise than police action
- July 15, 2019
- Louis DeSipio, Chicano/Latino studies and political science, in the Los Angeles Times and San Diego Tribune, July 15, 2019
Louis DeSipio, a political science professor at UC Irvine, said the way the weekend transpired illustrated Trump’s ability to maintain high levels of fear in immigrant communities, regardless of whether his threats materialize. But Sunday’s lack of action probably further strained the president’s relationship with ICE, because the agency once again had to divert resources into an operation that fell short of expectations, DeSipio said.
For the full story, please visit https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-ice-raids-trump-immigration-20190715-story.html.
Related News Items
- Federal government considers two more California sites to house unaccompanied migrant children
- Biden's immigration reform bill could change everything... or not pass at all. Here's what you need to know.
- Biden unveils plan for path to citizenship, history of immigration reform
- UC Irvine political science faculty statement on the events of Jan. 6, 2021
- Hundreds of political scientists call for removing Trump