Trump’s threatened ICE raids could hearten his base, and terrify immigrants
- July 12, 2019
- Louis DeSipio, Chicano/Latino studies and poli sci, in the Los Angeles Times, July 12, 2019
Louis DeSipio, a political science professor at UC Irvine, said it’s difficult to know whether the planned raids actually will happen this time. If they don’t, it may backfire on Trump. “The president is skilled in the art of distraction,” he said. “But there is a cost in that each time he cancels it, he disrupts his relationship with ICE because they have to put a lot of effort into preparing for these things.”
For the full story, please visit https://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-planned-immigration-raids-20190711-story.html.
Related News Items
- Federal government considers two more California sites to house unaccompanied migrant children
- Biden's immigration reform bill could change everything... or not pass at all. Here's what you need to know.
- Biden unveils plan for path to citizenship, history of immigration reform
- UC Irvine political science faculty statement on the events of Jan. 6, 2021
- Hundreds of political scientists call for removing Trump