At a time of political divisions, a show of unity at Surf City parade
- July 4, 2019
- Louis DeSipio, Chicano/Latino studies and poli sci, in the Los Angeles Times, July 4, 2019
At a time when Americans appear deeply divided about the country’s direction, [Oscar] Rodriguez said he felt that split put a bit of a damper on the day. Louis DeSipio, a professor of political science at UC Irvine, said that in the current political climate, “people will be questioning what it means to be patriotic in contemporary American society.”
For the full story, please visit https://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-nation-divided-in-huntington-beach-parade-20190704-story.html.
Related News Items
- Federal government considers two more California sites to house unaccompanied migrant children
- Biden's immigration reform bill could change everything... or not pass at all. Here's what you need to know.
- Biden unveils plan for path to citizenship, history of immigration reform
- UC Irvine political science faculty statement on the events of Jan. 6, 2021
- Hundreds of political scientists call for removing Trump