From filmmaking to the philosophy of science
- June 4, 2019
- An interview with philosopher, modeler, and feminist Cailin O'Connor, courtesy of Psychology Today
Cailin O'Connor … Associate Professor in the Department of Logic and Philosophy of
Science … UC Irvine said, “I don't think there should be a strict divide between philosophy
and science. … On this picture, there are all sorts of ways that philosophy can benefit
the sciences, and science can benefit philosophy.”
For the full story, please visit https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/science-and-philosophy/201906/filmmaking-the-philosophy-science.
Related News Items
- Cailin O'Connor, how false beliefs spread: Half hour of Heterodoxy #62
- When it comes to vaccines and autism, why is it hard to refute misinformation?
- There's no winning against fake news - but that doesn't mean we should stop trying
- The information arms race can't be won, but we have to keep fighting
- How to avoid falling victim to fake news