No change to spare? That’s no longer a problem for buskers.
- May 8, 2019
- Bill Maurer, anthropology, via MarketPlace, May 8, 2019 (Audio)
“There’s really no good solution for folks in the informal economy,” said Bill Maurer,
an anthropology professor at University of California, Irvine, who studies how consumers
use financial technology. He said none of the payment services we have at the moment
can do what good old-fashioned cash can. “I don’t need to have a bank account to make
it work. I just need the cash in my hand and as soon as I give it to you, it’s yours,”
For the full story, please visit https://www.marketplace.org/2019/05/13/busking-street-performers-taking-venmo/.
Related News Items
- Video giant Twitch pushes Trump rallies and mass violence into the live-stream age
- The Faketoshi Circus: Even Bitcoin Can't Escape the Politics of Money
- UCI launches new open online course on confronting digital extremism
- What Facebook's Libra really is
- Facebook's Libra: it's not the 'crypto' that's the issue, it's the organization behind it