The homeless are dying in record numbers on the streets of L.A.
- April 23, 2019
- David Snow, sociology, via California Healthline, LA Times, San Diego Union-Tribune, U.S. News and World Report, UPI, Breitbart, Daily Caller, and Fox News, April 23, 2019
“This shouldn’t be happening,” especially when many deaths could have been prevented with better access to healthcare and housing, said David Snow, a sociology professor at UC Irvine. “If you are on the streets, you are not getting the attention you need.”
For the full story, please visit https://californiahealthline.org/multimedia/the-homeless-are-dying-in-record-numbers-on-the-streets-of-l-a/.
Related News Items
- Vox co-founder and editor-at-large Ezra Klein on politics and his Irvine roots
- Sheriff to get extra $65 million for existing services amid pushback over housing, public defender
- As young girls they fled two different countries. In L.A. they found a friendship without borders
- Newport Beach picks 7 for homelessness task force
- Working together to address homelessness in Orange County