The homeless are dying in record numbers on the streets of L.A.
- April 23, 2019
- David Snow, sociology, via California Healthline, LA Times, San Diego Union-Tribune, U.S. News and World Report, UPI, Breitbart, Daily Caller, and Fox News, April 23, 2019
“This shouldn’t be happening,” especially when many deaths could have been prevented with better access to healthcare and housing, said David Snow, a sociology professor at UC Irvine. “If you are on the streets, you are not getting the attention you need.”
For the full story, please visit https://californiahealthline.org/multimedia/the-homeless-are-dying-in-record-numbers-on-the-streets-of-l-a/.
Related News Items
- Unsheltered, Part 5: It won't be easy, but O.C. can beat homelessness, experts and officials say
- Unsheltered, Part 3: Can Orange County cities find the political will to fix homelessness?
- Orange County draws criticism for over 200 homeless deaths this year
- Newport considering campaign to encourage people to donate to charity, rather than give to panhandlers
- Vox co-founder and editor-at-large Ezra Klein on politics and his Irvine roots