California hits back as Trump threatens to ‘dump’ immigrants in ‘sanctuary cities’
- April 16, 2019
- Louis DeSipio, Chicano/Latino studies and poli sci, in the Los Angeles Times and San Diego Union-Tribune, April 16, 2019
Trump and California Democrats are appealing to their respective political bases by attacking one another. But posturing on both sides doesn’t serve anyone well, said Louis DeSipio, a professor of political science at UC Irvine. “The rhetorical battles — in particular, President Trump’s threats — are supposed to antagonize and aren’t an effort to construct a solution to what is a challenge at the southern border,” he said.
For the full story, please visit https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-california-sanctuary-city-trump-democrats-20190416-story.html.
Related News Items
- Orange County was the heart of California conservatism. Now it's up for grabs.
- 20 Western Hemisphere nations sign Los Angeles Declaration on migrants despite key absences
- Orange County election results: Spitzer reelected as DA, Supervisor seat headed for runoff
- Orange County voters head to polls with plenty of choices
- Voter guide for Hispanic and Latino/a students