California hits back as Trump threatens to ‘dump’ immigrants in ‘sanctuary cities’
- April 16, 2019
- Louis DeSipio, Chicano/Latino studies and poli sci, in the Los Angeles Times and San Diego Union-Tribune, April 16, 2019
Trump and California Democrats are appealing to their respective political bases by attacking one another. But posturing on both sides doesn’t serve anyone well, said Louis DeSipio, a professor of political science at UC Irvine. “The rhetorical battles — in particular, President Trump’s threats — are supposed to antagonize and aren’t an effort to construct a solution to what is a challenge at the southern border,” he said.
For the full story, please visit https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-california-sanctuary-city-trump-democrats-20190416-story.html.
Related News Items
- Traditionally Republican Arizona now a Trump-Biden battleground
- Immigrants in California applying to become US citizens
- Republicans claim victory in two special elections
- Joe Biden must follow Bernie Sanders' example and aggressively court Latinos
- Naturalized citizens could be critical in this fall's election