China birth rate declines as childcare costs deter families
- March 14, 2019
- Wang Feng, sociology, via the Financial Times, March 14, 2019
“A decline in the population of young people and their smaller number of children ought to have profound repercussions for the Chinese economy,” said Wang Feng, a demographer at the University of California Irvine.
For the full story, please visit https://www.ft.com/content/f34bb0b0-2f8b-11e9-8744-e7016697f225.
Related News Items
- UCI sociologists are making their mark
- New program allows incarcerated students to get bachelor's degrees alongside peers on the outside
- China isn't that strategic
- 'A sacrifice for a generation': China scrambles to boost its population with 3-child policy
- Opinion: The real reason behind China's three-child policy