Fake people and real scandals
- February 14, 2019
- A book by Cailin O’Connor and Jim Weatherall, LPS, is featured in Splice Today
…Still, the culture of tech-empowered political dirty tricks clearly remains in an expansion phase.
Shortly before reading the article, I finished a new book, The Misinformation Age: How False Beliefs Spread, by Cailin O’Connor and James Owen Weatherall, both professors of logic and philosophy of science at the University of California, Irvine. The spread of fake news and other misinformation is a concern to everyone, and of professional interest to me, since much of my day-to-day work is as a fact checker for a major science magazine.
For the full story, please visit https://www.splicetoday.com/politics-and-media/fake-people-and-real-scandals.
Related News Items
- Speaker focuses on critical thinking to combat misinformation
- Orange County GOP promotes event featuring Judy Mikovits of 'Plandemic' fame
- 'An American Tradition': Lessons from a year covering conspiracy theories
- O'Connor earns Philosophy of Science Association award for book on unfairness
- Three areas where the 'Amen-Choir' effect will hamper DEI initiatives