Court gives final approval to redrawn house map in Virginia
- February 14, 2019
- Bernie Grofman, poli sci, via The New York Times (AP), Feb. 14, 2019
The redrawn map was submitted last month by University of California Irvine political
science professor Bernard Grofman. The map could help shift six Republican-held districts
toward Democrats and increase the Democratic Party's chances of gaining control of
the House in this year's elections.
For the full story, please visit https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2019/02/14/us/ap-us-virginia-redistricting.html.
Related News Items
- Vox co-founder and editor-at-large Ezra Klein on politics and his Irvine roots
- Why the Supreme Court's latest gerrymandering decision doesn't go far enough
- What if California seceded from the US?
- The fight over partisan gerrymandering is moving beyond the supreme court
- How a new congressional map could turn Virginia's House blue