UC Irvine pockets $2.14 million for house gifted by Laguna Beach professor
- February 1, 2019
- Christian Werner, former dean of social sciences, mentioned in the Orange County Register, Feb. 1, 2019
The UC Irvine Foundation has sold an ocean-view, three-bedroom house that the estate of Christian Werner donated to the university. The home, with an asking price of $2.295 million, sold for $2.14 million on Jan. 30. Werner, professor emeritus of geography and former dean of the School of Social Sciences at UCI, died in March 2016 at 81.
For the full story, please visit https://www.ocregister.com/2019/02/01/uc-irvine-pockets-2-14-million-for-house-gifted-by-laguna-beach-professor/.
Related News Items
- UC Irvine offers late professor's donated Laguna home for sale at $2.3 million
- UC Irvine selling ocean-view Laguna Beach house, a gift from professor, for $2.29 million
- UCI receives $2.4 million gift from estate of former faculty member Christian Werner
- Around Town: UCI professor's estate donates to campus
- UCI gets another $1M