The ‘morally suspect’ way the government collects student loans during tax season
- January 31, 2019
- David Neumark, economics, via Market Watch, Jan. 31, 2019
The [Earned Income Tax Credit] supplements the income of low to moderate-income, working
Americans with a certain amount of money each year based on their income and family
size…. That’s because it very specifically targets low-income families and boosts
their wages significantly, said David Neumark, the director of the Economic Self-Sufficiency
Policy Research Institute at the University of California-Irvine.
For the full story, please visit https://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-morally-suspect-way-the-government-collects-student-loans-2018-03-15.
Related News Items
- Arianne Cohen: Recession leads to increased workplace ageism against women
- Research and commentary: Delaying minimum wage increase a necessity for the survival of California's businesses
- Newsletter: What rulers are reading
- Women at Google miss out on thousands of dollars as a result of pay discrimination, lawsuit alleges
- The women suing Google over gender discrimination want to expand the lawsuit to a class action