The ‘morally suspect’ way the government collects student loans during tax season
- January 31, 2019
- David Neumark, economics, via Market Watch, Jan. 31, 2019
The [Earned Income Tax Credit] supplements the income of low to moderate-income, working
Americans with a certain amount of money each year based on their income and family
size…. That’s because it very specifically targets low-income families and boosts
their wages significantly, said David Neumark, the director of the Economic Self-Sufficiency
Policy Research Institute at the University of California-Irvine.
For the full story, please visit https://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-morally-suspect-way-the-government-collects-student-loans-2018-03-15.
Related News Items
- Who really earns the minimum wage?
- Opinion: Canada should follow the lead of Trump's America and grow jobs, not regulations
- Opinion: Democrats' job guarantee plan isn't such a good idea, economist says
- Business groups slam House for passing $15 minimum wage bill
- House votes to raise federal minimum wage to $15