Federal court picks redrawn Va. House map that boosts Democrats' chances of taking control
- January 23, 2019
- Bernie Grofman, poli sci, in the Richmond Times-Dispatch, Jan. 23, 2019
Judges in the Richmond-based U.S. Eastern District Court revealed their decision Tuesday
night, ordering University of California-Irvine political science professor Bernard
Grofman to finalize the district lines the court preferred.
For the full story, please visit https://www.richmond.com/news/virginia/government-politics/federal-court-picks-redrawn-va-house-map-that-boosts-democrats/article_6b727239-4d46-592d-99c7-f2b544c5e045.html.
Related News Items
- Vox co-founder and editor-at-large Ezra Klein on politics and his Irvine roots
- Why the Supreme Court's latest gerrymandering decision doesn't go far enough
- What if California seceded from the US?
- The fight over partisan gerrymandering is moving beyond the supreme court
- How a new congressional map could turn Virginia's House blue