Federal court hands Dems big win in Virginia redistricting case
- January 23, 2019
- Bernie Grofman, poli sci, in The Hill, Jan. 23, 2019
The judges on Tuesday selected a draft map drawn by Bernard Grofman, a University
of California-Irvine political scientist chosen by the court as its special master
last year after ruling that 11 state House districts had improperly diluted the political
power of African-American voters.
For the full story, please visit https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/426664-federal-court-hands-dems-big-win-in-virginia-redistricting-case.
Related News Items
- Vox co-founder and editor-at-large Ezra Klein on politics and his Irvine roots
- Why the Supreme Court's latest gerrymandering decision doesn't go far enough
- What if California seceded from the US?
- The fight over partisan gerrymandering is moving beyond the supreme court
- How a new congressional map could turn Virginia's House blue