Virginia needs to get on board with fair redistricting
- January 22, 2019
- Bernie Grofman, poli sci, in The Washington Post, Jan. 22, 2019
The professor, appointed by the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, is Bernard Grofman of the University of California at Irvine. In a 131-page report, he offered three dozen possible electoral map configurations from which the court can choose.
For the full story, please visit https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/virginia-needs-to-get-on-board-with-fair-redistricting/2019/01/22/0f7ac0c0-1b6c-11e9-9ebf-c5fed1b7a081_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.2248ec8b3a7a.
Related News Items
- Vox co-founder and editor-at-large Ezra Klein on politics and his Irvine roots
- Why the Supreme Court's latest gerrymandering decision doesn't go far enough
- What if California seceded from the US?
- The fight over partisan gerrymandering is moving beyond the supreme court
- How a new congressional map could turn Virginia's House blue