8 new books we recommend this week
- January 17, 2019
- Book by Cailin O’Connor and Jim Weatherall, LPS, featured in the The New York Times, Jan. 17, 2019 (Book review)
THE MISINFORMATION AGE: How False Beliefs Spread, by [UCI Associate Professor] Cailin
O’Connor and [UCI Professor] James Owen Weatherall. … In “The Misinformation Age,”
two professors of logic break down the mechanics of false beliefs, focusing mainly
on ideas held by scientists, to show how even the most well-intentioned beliefs become
distorted and spread. .” [Subscription required, campus-wide access provided by UCI
Libraries. Sign-up here: AccessNYT.com]
For the full story, please visit https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/17/books/review/8-new-books-we-recommend-this-week.html.
Related News Items
- Cailin O'Connor, how false beliefs spread: Half hour of Heterodoxy #62
- When it comes to vaccines and autism, why is it hard to refute misinformation?
- There's no winning against fake news - but that doesn't mean we should stop trying
- The information arms race can't be won, but we have to keep fighting
- From filmmaking to the philosophy of science