When we talk ourselves out of the truth
- January 14, 2019
- Jim Weatherall, LPS, via KERA, Jan. 14, 2019 (Audio)
James Owen Weatherall, professor of logic and philosophy of science at the University of California, Irvine, joins host Krys Boyd to talk about the social and psychological factors that lead some to create their over versions of the truth.
For the full story, please visit http://think.kera.org/2019/01/14/when-we-talk-ourselves-out-of-the-truth/.
Related News Items
- Cailin O'Connor, how false beliefs spread: Half hour of Heterodoxy #62
- When it comes to vaccines and autism, why is it hard to refute misinformation?
- There's no winning against fake news - but that doesn't mean we should stop trying
- The information arms race can't be won, but we have to keep fighting
- From filmmaking to the philosophy of science