GOP insists It doesn't engage in identity politics. Researchers disagree
- December 20, 2018
- Michael Tesler, poli sci, via NPR, Dec. 20, 2018 (Audio)
Michael Tesler: “We've found that much of the rise of Trump can be explained through
the lens of identity politics.” [Asma] Khalid:” Michael Tesler is a researcher at
the University of California, Irvine.” Tesler: “This idea of white grievance and white
identity, that whites are the ones who have it worst in society, was a really powerful
resource for Trump to tap into in a way that other politicians haven't.”
For the full story, please visit https://www.npr.org/2018/12/20/678578358/gop-insists-it-doesn-t-engage-in-identity-politics-researchers-disagree.
Related News Items
- The falling cost of petrol is good news for Joe Biden
- Should Kansas's abortion vote change expectations for the midterms?
- Why abortion may be a winning issue for democrats
- Biden's approval slump hits a dreary new milestone
- For the first time in years, democrats are more concerned about abortion than republicans are